Monday, April 26, 2010


My mom got started cleaning the house out. In the TV room she took a bunch of shelves out and this is what the wall looks like. It's pretty much like this all around the room (and in other parts of the house I'm sure). Hopefully seeing this people understand why I don't live in the house. There was so much junk all over the walls that this wasn't visible. Luckily it seems like my mom is finally ready to change things for real. We've been spending a lot of time talking which has been nice. It seems like she understands the problem she just needs to change her habits. And she doesn't get any support from anyone else in the house. So I'm taking it upon myself to support her and pull her toward living the way she really wants to live.

Still working on the hillside. I started digging out the space where I'm gonna put one of the compost bins. I'm also gonna put a rainwater barrel right next to the compost bin below the downspout on the gutter. Turns out I need a lot more space then I needed so I've got a lot of digging to do. I'm hoping I'll have some buff back muscles from all the digging :)
Ive been finding a lot of worms (I'm trying not to kill them) while digging and I found this GIANT worm. It's actually shrunken because it's scared. When it got comfortable and stretched out and started crawling it was at least a foot long!

I've been in the process of building Greta (my girlfriend) a moped for a few months. Then I found this bike on Craigslist which is exactly the same as my moped just black (mine is white). The guy wanted $50 for it, but when I called he said someone was already supposed to come get it. I told him I have a spare engine for one and could get it running right away so I'd be willing to give him $75. He called back the other guy that wanted it and the other guy said that he'd rather see me get it (and I'll bet he didn't want to spend the extra $25).
So I got the motor off and took the engine apart and it's pretty much not worth saving. Luckily the two pieces that I'm missing, piston and head, look salvageable. Should have her up and running in no time (of course time being relative to all the other projects I'm working on).

No comments:

Post a Comment