Saturday, June 12, 2010

06/12/10



I got my pipes for my bike because they were the cheapest ones that came with black heat shields. Chrome pipes are almost $200 cheaper. But since I ride in all weather my bike gets really dirty. So I like it being all black so that you can't tell as much when it gets dirty. I love my pipes but I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone. The end that meets up to the exhaust was too thick so we had to grind metal away to make it fit. Then the brackets that hold the heat shield on broke so we had to re-weld them. I was pretty peeved considering they were almost $200 more than most pipes. I sent them a complaint email so I'm waiting to see what they have to say about it.

Finally got the rock wall started to hold the hill up. I'm gonna be making three different levels. Well , technically four, but the top level was already there. The bottom level is gonna be for hanging out and I made it wide and long enough so that I can start doing Tai-Chi again. The second and third level are gonna be where the garden is gonna be. I'm thinking of doing another compost bin up on the fourth level. Not sure what I'm gonna do for stairs because I'm probably going to have to buy some bigger bricks for that. But first I need to finish making the levels.

I think the girls like having a playing environment (i.e. the hillside) that's constantly changing. I already got quite a bit of the second level dug out but it's slow going since I only have time to do a little bit at a time. The girls like to help but there's not much they can do when it comes to digging. I'm gonna try to get some help from friends and/or family so that I can get the damn thing done before summer's over. I am glad for the exercise though. Greta (my gf) commented that I'm more muscular now than when we started dating (6.5 months ago). Definitely got a little ego boost from that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment